Sunday, March 4, 2012

Making a bow with Sweet Tooth Boxes cartridge...

I love these bows so thought I would post how I make them.
It is so simple and they are so cute!!

 1. This is the bow post cut at 5 inches. The measurement is from tip to tip of the main bow piece
 2. I inked the edges and ran the pieces through the cuttlebug for some dimension and texture
 Then I placed a piece of double sided tape in the centre at the back of the main piece
 3. I folded the side pieces to the back and stuck them onto the tape with the tips meeting in the centre, for extra stick I placed another small piece of tape on top..glue if fine though, what ever you prefer.
 4. I stuck some dimensional tape on (I find depending on the use for the bow it does look nice being raised a little from the bow ends.
5. I then stick the bow end piece on the back in the centre and just below the top of the bow.    Then I puff it up a bit by pushing the edges of the bowinwards evenly on both sides. I also curled the bow ends a little on this one.





Now for the biggest decision of all......which button to use??? They all looked fabulous...so my solution will be......make more bows!! 
I hope this was helpfull, please provide feedback either way.

Regards

Robyn

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Thanks Robyn this is gorgeous and congrats on winning nthe challenge at Scrappy go Lucky

Tracey said...

Thanks for the tutorial...very pretty bow. Never new there was bows on this cart. It would probably help if I opened the box.....I have not used it yet.