Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Embossed card - wet and dry embossing techniques

This is something I was playing with as I had not used embossing glue in the cuttlebug before.
There are a number of you tubes videos on this and other similar techniques - thank you to the authors of these - such a fabulous resource!
It is a fun technique which will be quite useful, especially for simple but effective cards

Step by step
  • choose a suitable embossing folder - I like this cuttlebug folder
  • open folder out and wipe embossing glue onto the inside of the front cover - this will enable the glue and thus embossing powder to adhere to the background thus highlighting the bird and reeds in white.
  • Place card stock into folder and pass through cuttlebug as normal
  • Separate from folder
  • Sprinkle cardstock with choice of embossing powder
  • Gently shake off excess (note one part of my reeds on lower left corner did not get covered - first practice!!)
  • Heat emboss
  • I use a fine paint brush to remove excess or spots of embossing powder if required prior to heating
  • I then embossed a simple message and after layering the card and rounding the corners I placed this on mounted tape onto the card.
  • Very simple to make and lots of options in amongst ones collection of embossing folders!!
Enjoy

No comments: