Sunday, February 15, 2009

A cupcake with a difference....


This card has amused me for quite a while this afternoon. I actually did some sewing on it!

Now I was a bigtime sewer at one stage and just love machine embroidery but papercraft has taken over.

The photo of this card may not do it justice.

The card is from Wild Card cartridge which I am just loving. I covered the background with stitched rows of white lace adn then added a border of white ricrac, all this because I could not decide on what to do in the background.

The cuttlebug came in very handy. I used the swiss dots for the icing on the cupcake and the stripes for the cupcake base. Then the hearts from walk in my garden and used stamping up shimmer on these and the candle and also on the butterflies.

The butterflies are my favourite from spellbinders nestabilities and these work very well in the cuttlebug if you have the correct sandwhich recipe.

The card is large about 9 inches high and 6 inches wide. It is definitely a scrappy statement!
Hope you like it....obviously it tickles my fancy!!
Robyn


No comments: